To Blake Library's Community Patrons,
Blake Library is pleased to announce a new curbside service that will allow our community patrons to borrow items again. To minimize contact, the pick-up and drop-off procedures have changed. Please review the following:
With safety in mind for all, a face covering must be worn at all times while on campus.
To pick-up items:
- Hours for scheduled pick-up of items are Monday through Friday 8:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- If you requested items online (our books or books from other libraries), you will receive an email when the item is ready for you to pick it up. When this happens, you must call the library to arrange a pick-up time. You can call either 834-7526 or 834-7527.
- If you are calling us to have us check out a book we have here in the library, we will schedule a pick-up time for you at that time.
- Be aware, library staff must quarantine all delivered items for 72 hours upon arrival before they can be distributed. This will add to your wait time for the delivery of requested items.
- Library staff will meet you at the designated door with your items. Even though a time has been arranged, if possible, call when you arrive in the parking lot.
- Due to new library procedures regarding quarantining materials, library staff recommends that community borrowers request only 5 items at a time for smoother processing.
To drop-off items:
- Please use the drop box located at the Acadian Archives entrance. This is at the back of the small parking lot next to the library. The Acadian flag marks the entrance. Do not come into the library, and remember to wear a face covering when leaving your vehicle.
Many of you let us know how much you value the library and its services to the community. We thank you for your patience while waiting for UMFK and Blake Library staff to set up a process where we felt we could provide the service in a safe manner for all.
Please feel free to call Debra Durkin (834-7526, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sofia Birden (834-7527, email@example.com) with any questions or concerns.