The Blake Library, at the University of Maine at Fort Kent, is committed to supporting the institutional mission by providing high quality resources and personalized library services designed to foster academic excellence. In keeping with this mission, Blake Library seeks to:
- Support the liberal arts curriculum with information resources in a variety of formats, emphasizing the special challenges of rural communities;
- Assist students and faculty to develop information literacy skills, which form the basis for lifelong learning, success as professionals, and engaged citizens of a democracy;
- Provide materials to augment classroom experience with independent research in all areas of study at UMFK;
- Provide access to a variety of public service information resources that support the economic, social and cultural development of the St. John Valley;
- Make available diverse materials to enrich the learning experience of all; and
- Work with University of Maine System Libraries and consortium to maximize efficiencies and enhance the quality of library collections.
Blake Library policies may be found at https://www.umfk.edu/policies/